Thursday, July 1, 2010

Apartment Photos

Our red couch. Notice how well the USC Snuggie goes with it, though I wish it hadn't (that was Colin's decorating contribution).

Painting I got in Venice Beach.  The "C" and "E" hangers we got from Colin's mom (thanks, Leslie!)

In a 400 square foot apartment, we need all the storage we can get.

The print was a gift from Colin's mom. It looks quite nice with the red couch.

The striped wall we painted ourselves.  It turned out pretty well, but it was an incredibly arduous task.


My "princess chair," as Colin calls it.

Colin's manly chair (the cover is a black gingham).

Cute little wagon I got for $8 at an antique store.

File cabinet side table (more storage!)



Glass mannequin head was a gift from my little sister.  She watches us cook and do dishes.


One of Colin's two beloved maps.  The second map is in the bathroom.  The clock was a gift from my older sister.


I inherited this wooden duck from my grandfather.  I think he's so cute!


The clock doesn't actually work but it's a great decorative piece.

The USC moshi pillow used to be sitting against the USC Snuggie on the couch, until it mysteriously got a hole in it (I know what you're thinking, but it wasn't me, I swear!)


Old photos I got from a flea market in L.A.



I got the chinese good luck cat from my roommate from last year. 

 
My parents in their early twenties.  Aren't they adorable?

Homemade photo hanger.


Panda bear shower cap I got from Colin's mom.



I hope you enjoyed the pictures!  I will be posting again later tonight...


6 comments:

  1. These last 3 posts have been pretty amazing. Cute pictures? yes. Subtle, yet witty humor? yes. I like reading about your misadventures and serendipitous finds, like a mustache in the couch. Your dining "area" (not really sure if I can call it a room) is adorable! The chair suits you and Colin's manly chair fits quite well with his "old fashioned" tastes. Also, Kevin likes your picture of the 2 birds by the window. He thinks it's ironic...he wants a copy. How much??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how my head watches you. And it is rather funny how Colin is freaked out by mom and dad's picture watching him hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the feedback, sis. It's nice to know that the blog is getting progressively more entertaining. It'll take me a little bit to find my voice, if you will, as it's still a little weird to be putting myself out there for the world to see (and judge).
    I wasn't aiming for any artistic breakthroughs with that photo, but if Kevin likes it he can definitely have a copy of it. How much, you say? FREE, duh! Why in the world would I charge my brother-in-law for anything?
    Oh wait, I forgot... I'm unemployed. How about $50? ;)
    By-the-way, the style of your writing is top notch. Perhaps it's about time you start a blog of your own? You can chronicle your life with your disturbingly cerebral french bulldog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done wonders to a 400 sq ft apartment! Just think - it will force the two of you to stay organized and clean. You really have no choice. It looks fantabulous!
    I didn't see that you wanted pictures until today, I could have had Mark take a picture of me in my red & white bikini stretched out on your mom & dad's boat:) (No, I wouldn't really do that to your blog). What a great day at the lake we had! The boys both tried skiing & came close but they loved the inner-tube toy rides, especially when they got thrown around & eventually tossed off. Thanks Chuck & Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad, I think the blog definitely would have benefited from a risque bathing suit photo of you ;) I'm glad you had a good weekend! I miss me some lakeside fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I find your home, and your fashion, so breezy - so beloved! I am so happy I have found your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails