Saturday, July 24, 2010

Like shorts of wallpaper



Jean Jacket:  Secondhand store in L.A.
Tank top:  Old Navy
Shorts:  Urban Outfitters
Sneakers:  keds.com

For all those curious, The Invisible Man is quite good.  The character was actually invisible, which is a pretty big deal considering it was made in the thirties.  I had forgotten that Colin wasn't too fond of old movies (he says they're like museums) so he wasn't as excited as I thought he'd be when I told him about my great find at the library.  He says that it's hard for him to emotionally connect with the characters as they're way too exaggerated (which I find is true), but I have always had a special affinity for the past so I think that's why I am ultimately drawn to those films.  Anyway, I advise you (parents in particular) to check it out if you have the chance.

Today Colin and I took loads of photographs of the merchandise for the store.  The expected launch date is still by the end of the weekend (yay!).  You'd be surprised how emotionally and physically exhausting it is to take photographs of  yourself.  There are only so many intriguing poses you can think of.

In celebration of the eventual birth of the store, Colin is making twice baked potatoes and mojitos for the appetizers.  If the mojitos are any indication of what the dinner is going to be like, it's going to be a meal to remember!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm...Mojitos. Sounds like a good dinner. Very exciting that you're getting your store all together! We'll be watching for your announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tengo ganas de ver la tienda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'm missing the show. So depressing! I'm having withdrawal haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails