Tuesday, July 6, 2010

La Femme

First order of business:  our fourth of July outfits!





On Me:
T shirt:  American Apparel
Capris:  Thrift store in Charleston
Head scarf:  Thrift store in Hilton Head
Shoes:  I think you all know by now!

On Colin:
T shirt:  American Apparel
Pants:  levi.com
Sweatshirt:  American Apparel
Shoes:  etnies.com
Sunglasses:  Kapsoul

These are the outfits we sported on the fourth.  I forgot to include a picture of the purse I wore, but I ended up using my basket purse (there are many pictures of that purse in earlier posts if you'd like to be reminded of what it looks like).  Even after going to a couple of bars that night, Colin's pants remained white!  

And now for today's outfit:




Collared shirt:  Thrift store in Charleston
Jeans:  Thrift store in L.A.
Earrings:  Homemade

Today I shadowed the P.A. again at the hospital so I didn't want to wear anything too special as I'd be changing into scrubs anyway.  I often wear collared shirts that I tie at the bottom when I don't feel like putting too much thought into my outfit.  I love the femininity of this shirt--the floral pattern and the pearlized buttons really soften the look.

I don't have any photos to upload of my outfit yesterday because I kind of just lounged around in my pajamas all day, occasionally straightening up the apartment after our fourth of July celebration and spending a good bit of the evening watching movies with Colin.  It was a very lazy Monday to say the least.

Tomorrow the majority of my family will be visiting to spend the day at the beach, and then I'll head back to L.A. with them to spend the rest of the week up there.  It'll be a nice change of scenery for photographing my outfits!

I'm also going to include some photos of Ms. Dita Von Teese.  I love how feminine her looks are without being overtly sexual (apart from her burlesque photos, that is). 








She emulates the 40s era so well!

1 comment:

  1. Dita Von Teese is so cute! Oh and guess what?!!!! I saw an original Charlie's Angel today! It was at a dog boutique, she was coming in to see a dog bed, I guess she is a regular at the store... I will just tell you the rest tomorrow... I was in touching distance!

    Your fourth outfit was very 40's, cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails