Friday, July 9, 2010

new CAMERA!



(For a good laugh, click on the image to enlarge it--Booter's face is priceless!)








Accompanied by Booter (the lab mix) and Zeena (the boston).
Photos by Carly
Shirt:  Thrift store in Charleston
Jeans:  Thrift store in Phoenix
Sweater:  Thrift store in L.A.
Shoes:  keds.com
Purse:  Flea market in L.A.
Head scarf:  Thrift store in Phoenix, maybe?
Sunglasses:  Thrift store in Savannah

My family and I went to the art walk today in downtown L.A.  Oh how I wish I had money to spend on artwork!  I really wanted this artist's clay puppets he had made (they were very life-like and a little creepy, in a fascinating sort of way), but they were $300.  I can't wait to have at least a little disposable income...

I'm sure some of you are wondering why my photographs are miraculously clear, and, well... I GOT A NEW CAMERA!!  I'm still trying to figure out what all the buttons and functions mean, but I think for a first go around these pictures turned out pretty well.  I'm slowly going to get through reading all of the owner's manual so hopefully by next week I'll be a pro (or at least a promising amateur).  I love my new graduation present...!

I think tomorrow (depending on the weather--we've seen our fair share of cloudy days this past week) we'll be going to the beach so I may or may not have an outfit to post (I wish I owned more than one bathing suit so that I could post numerous beach photos but I don't).  We'll see how accurate the weathermen are tomorrow.  Sunshine all day long, they say, but I'm not holding my breath.

7 comments:

  1. Not only how clear the pictures are, but how awesome the set up is

    And Booter looks like dad when he is frustrated. Zeena looks like a precious sleeping angel, and claude looks like you caught her off guard and is completely surprised, and ugly hahaha.

    Good outift today

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it looks like you are holding zeena up by her ear on the first picture hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very nice. What camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit, purse and especially the bow! Looks perfect on YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a Canon Rebel. Yay!

    Margie, we got you a gift at Hollywood Hosiery. I'm sure you can guess what it is :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails