Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dreams of gardening

Photos from yesterday:




Photos by Krista

Dress:  Vintage clothing store in L.A.
Purse:  Flea market in L.A.
Shoes:  converse.com
Earrings:  Thrift store in Hilton Head
Sunglasses:  Vintage clothing store in Savannah

Yesterday was filled with activities so I wasn't able to post photographs of my outfit.  Sorry, readers!  We had a lot of fun playing bocce ball in the front yard while sipping cocktails, and then we headed to the beach to catch some rays.  Colin got extremely burned (as usual) and Krista got extremely tan (as usual).  I remained pale.  In the evening we sat around the kitchen table and listened to good music.

Today we saw Inception and It. Was. Great.  The plot was very thorough, so thorough in fact that I had to go through what had happened in the movie in my head after it had finished just to make sure I grasped everything that I had just watched.  Christopher Nolan has made some really good movies in his time (Memento and The Dark Knight, to name a couple).

Below are photographs of my outfit for the day.  Colin told me that I should have worn clogs with it and I agreed (though he was saying it more in jest; I guess he thought I looked like I belonged in the garden today, which is a bit true).





Photos by Krista
Blouse:  Loehmann's 
Overalls:  Thrift store in L.A.
Shoes:  Thrift store in L.A.
Socks:  Thrift store in L.A.
Scarf:  Thrift store in...Phoenix?
Satchel:  Thrift store in Phoenix









3 comments:

  1. I found some good items today...you would be proud. I found a pair of yellow shorts at Antique Trove and I picked up some men's trousers at H&M. I got inspired by Zooey in 500 Days of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and she bought some suspenders.

    Zeena is so darn adorable. I was trying to convince mom to let me adopt a boston... her name was Ellie and she was adorable. Not as adorable as Zeena though. Z tops the chart of cuteness. I enjoyed the overalls, oh and Jess saw Inception too.. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, would you please send me pictures of the items you bought today? I love Zooey's outfits in that film, I'd really like to see your take on them.

    Car, I think Colin and I might need to replace Zeena soon, perhaps with Ellie? She has been driving me CRAZY! We were in the car on our way to the ice cream parlor and as we were driving away from the house, I see Zeena standing on the kitchen table looking frantically out the window. She's terrible! And when we came back she was in the same exact position. She also tramples people who are sitting on the couch so that she can claim the comfiest place on it for herself. She's such a little brat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails