Saturday, July 31, 2010

Golden slumbers





Floral wrap around blouse:  Thrift store in L.A.
Capris:  Thrift store in San Diego
Gladiator sandals:  Gift from my older sister

Today started off a little rough; after the four of us had all taken our showers, we noticed that the walls of our bathroom were leaking water.  And then the kitchen started flooding.  Two repairmen later, the problem was fixed and we enjoyed the beautiful weather by reading outside on the picnic blanket.  I'm currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha and I can't get enough of it!

I didn't want to get too sunburned so we eventually took our reading inside.  One of my favorite feelings in the world is the feeling I get when I'm reading in an insanely sunny room with the windows open.  You know that feeling you get when the sun seems to pour over you and blanket you with its warmth?  It's intoxicating.  That mixed with the comforts of a good book is my ideal weekend.

Colin and I also started a new project tonight.  We are going to "install" some clouds in our kitchen that will float against our blue wall.  Hopefully it won't look too cheesy, but I do love a good art project and playing with fluffy cotton all day while listening to good music sounds like a good time to me.  I'll put pictures up of the result when it's finished.

Last night Colin made some delicious drinks and Kevin (my brother-in-law) grilled some kabobs for dinner.  I didn't manage to get a full length photograph of my outfit yesterday but hopefully you can get somewhat of an idea of what it looked like from the photographs I do have of the night.


Yesterday I wore a white collared blouse with small red polka dots and navy blue capris paired with (you guessed it) black Keds.  The blouse I borrowed from my sister.

Colin's delicious lemon drop martini...

... and an alcoholic Shirley Temple...

...make for one entertaining dinner!

I had to include a photo of Jess because the cameraman (or woman) always gets the shaft.  And she's too cute not to include a photo of!
(**Whenever there is alcohol involved there are labels to be found!  I got a vintage label maker a few months ago that I absolutely love)







2 comments:

  1. Man, I am so jealous. I am stuck here watching dogs :(

    Idk if Z can get any cuter!

    Colin looks like he is surprised that it hurts to poke your tongue with a bbq fork, and you and kevin look pretty tipsy. I think you all might be at that point.

    And why is Jess a Newtron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because she spelled neutron wrong and she was a science major. It's ironic!
    It's too bad that you aren't here. But we'll be seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails