Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pillow Talk






Blouse:  Vintage clothing store in San Diego
Jeans:  Thrift store in L.A.
Shoes:  keds.com
Ring:  Gift from Colin's mom

This shirt was one of the items I had bought with Krista on Monday, and I must tell you that when I first tried it on I thought it looked completely clownish.  Since then, however, it's really grown on me. I think it just needed the right accessories.  The top half of this outfit really reminds me of 50s sleepwear, in a good way of course!

Tonight Colin and I are going to a pot roast at his ex-roommates' house.  I'm not exactly sure what a pot roast is, but I have a feeling I won't be able to eat much of the food they'll be serving (I don't eat pork or beef for two reasons: (1) I grew  up with pet pigs when I was a kid, and (2) I think cows are way too adorable to eat.  Chickens are a whole other story...I have had one too many traumatic experiences as a child feeding the all-too-greedy pecking beasts).  I am excited to get out of the apartment though.  Hopefully Z won't be too upset with me for leaving her for a while tonight.  We're still on thin ice, despite me allowing her to sleep on the bed with us last night.

Today was Minimalism.  It doesn't really seem to be my style.




6 comments:

  1. I like the look today, very precious. But I do believe that it is some kind of meat.

    Z is just old. Just think of her as a wrinkly old lady who cant remember much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so dark! Especially in the 3rd and last picture! So shiny too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a toss up when it comes to my hair color. I think it has a life of its own...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So was Colin eating ice cream at the time? I think she has been after Colin the whole time and was just waiting for you to fall into a false sense of security. Her plan is working, slowly she will edge you out of the bed and next thing you know her and Colin will enjoy long walks on the beach...nice outfit...I need to go shoe shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay all you vegetarians, take it from the meat eating Nebraskan...a "pot roast" is not something you go to, (you'd be roasting pot!) a "pot roast" is what you eat.
    Definition: pot roast (noun)- A cut of beef that is browned and then cooked until tender, often with vegetables, in a covered dish.
    Hopefully they'll have a few other items to eat, but don't count on much since the veggies are already cooked with the meat. You might want to put a few morsels in your belly before you go just in case.
    Have fun & someday ask me about cows up close. They are not "adorable" and they too can be mean (at least the bulls).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margie you are exactly right about the meal. All I was able to have was corn on the cob and rice for dinner because everything was smothered in meat juice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails