Monday, July 12, 2010

Colin's Debut

Photos from yesterday:




Photo from our seats at the cafe

Another photo from our seats at the cafe
Photos by Carly
Sweater:  Thrift store in Albuquerque 
Capris:  Thrift store in Phoenix
Shoes:  keds.com
Hat:  Thrift store in L.A.

And now for my exciting story.  I hope it doesn't disappoint you...

My dad, my sister, and I went to eat at a cafe in L.A. where we saw Jeffrey Sebelia, Project Runway's Season Three winner.  As he was ordering in front of us, I saw him eying me as I looked at the menu trying to decide what I would get.  After I'd ordered he turned to me and said, "Cool hat."  I was so star struck, I thanked him and immediately looked down at my shoes until he turned around to leave.  I'm never taking my hat off again ;)

Photos from today:






Photos by Colin
Blouse:  J. Crew
Jacket:  Thrift store in L.A.
Skirt:  Thrift store in Savannah
Shoes:  Thrift store in L.A.
Socks:  Thrift store in L.A.

I got a job today!  Time to make a little money.  Maybe one day soon I'll be able to afford those clay dolls I wanted from the art walk we went to in L.A.  

I made a delicious meal tonight for dinner: creamy polenta with a broccoli rabe and sun-dried tomato sauce.  You can find the recipe on my brother-in-law's blog here.  I used pre-made polenta, though, because I'm really impatient when it comes to cooking (this is not the case, however, with baking... I love baking).  If anyone tries making it, let me know how it turned out!






8 comments:

  1. Hooray for a USB cable!! And Colin sent me the funny picture of "wheres beels" I think I found her haha. I just realized that your shoes kinda remind me of riding lace up shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! He was my favorite!

    Also I love your shoes in the second set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "over the couch" picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't Beals look especially content in that photo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the plug. how did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s....i want that photo of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got my adorable stockings today...can't wait for an excuse to wear them! Thank you! So, when will you be coming to town? If I wear them to a "dance club", I'll fit right in :)
    Oh, and you do look great in your hats, ribbons and other hair accessories. Work it while you're young girl, I would feel like a total dweeb trying to wear what looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bean looks precious in just about any photo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails