Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You can call me Ms. E.







Floral dress:  Thrift store in San Diego
Cardigan:  American Apparel
Boat shoes:  Secondhand store in L.A.
Necklace:  Gift from Colin

I bought this dress the other day as a treat for starting a new job (among other purchases!) and it's very comfortable.  It kind of reminds me of an outfit my first grade teacher would wear (though I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing seeing that that was in the '90s).  Either way I like how flowy and feminine it is.

Last night I made the two-bean soup I was talking about a couple of posts ago and it was delicious!  




The greens in it are kale, and the two beans in it are cannelini beans and black beans.  If you're at all interested in the recipe, please e-mail me and I'll send it to you.  I'm always trying to make healthy meals for Colin to eat (to wash out the toxic effects of the fast food he buys on his lunch breaks) without him knowing just how healthy they really are.  Even though the greens in this soup let on its nutritional factor, its taste is too hard to resist!

Tomorrow's another day off for me, which means another outfit post!  

**The Betties Update:  I've posted both hats on the store, but am having trouble posting a third (or fourth or fifth) item.  The site seems to be malfunctioning, but I'm going to have Colin look at it when he gets home and see what the deal is.  Hopefully all five items will be up by the end of the night, but if not definitely by tomorrow!



4 comments:

  1. Rather than give me the recipe, please come make the soup for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, fly me over there; I'm ready whenever. (I'm sure my boss will understand!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brown and white capris...so cute! Congrats on getting the second interview! Plus I am looking forward to you coming home, even if it is for just a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mom. I love your new profile picture :) Can't wait to come home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails