Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Splendors of Life

Jess and I outside of a retro house for sale in Scottsdale.
On Me:
Shorts:  Rose Bowl Flea Market
Shirt:  Urban Outfitters
Head scarf:  Thrift store in Hilton Head
Shoes:  keds.com

On Jess:
Overalls:  Blueberry Deluxe
Blouse:  Nordstrom Rack
Shoes:  vans.com
Dooney & Burke purse:  Antique store in Phoenix

Friday after my interview (which went... "eh"), my family and I went to a swanky bar in Old Town Scottsdale where we indulged ourselves in all of the classic cocktails our hipster bartender had to offer.  A couple of drinks (and more than a few appetizers) later my dear friend of 13+ years named Taylor joined in on the festivities, after which we paraded the streets of Old Town snapping photographs of my sister, Jess, as she posed next to sculptures of cowboys riding horses (Taylor graciously assuming the horse's stance) and nude Grecian women draped in fabric.  It was an evening full of warm conversation and entertaining diversions, to say the least.

Afterwards, Jess, Taylor, and I went to a wine bar where Taylor's sister works where we perpetuated the good conversation with, yet again, more alcohol.  It was a much needed evening of heart-to-hearts with two women I truly admire and respect. 

...We ended the night passing out on Taylor's gigantic California King bed.

Today was spent driving around the Scottsdale/Phoenix area looking at potential future homes for Jess and her husband.  And the houses were to die for!  My favorite one had the same exact layout (and a lot of the same appliances) of the home my dad grew up in when he was a kid.  He showed us the air duct that his dog had traveled through in an effort to wire an intercom system, and the route that he and his sister had taken through the house when they were trying to evade punishment from their father.  All the while I couldn't help but imagine the memories my sister would make if she were to make that her home, and the stories that her kids would relay to theirs in the future.  Isn't it funny how cyclical life is?

**Please click on the image above if you'd like to see a closer view of our outfits!  I didn't want to endure the awkwardness of requesting multiple photographs of us with our realtor present.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that you woke up a bit while looking at the houses. Keep me updated as to when Kevin and Jess get find there dream house : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails