Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fluff 'N Fold



It's laundry day again.  I'm finally getting the hang of doing laundry at the laundromat.  I haven't stained any of Colin's pants recently and none of my clothes have ripped to shreds, which is saying something.  

I took the photographs above during my junior year of college in an introductory photography class (besides photographing laundromats, I was very fond of snapping photos of abandoned alleyways).  It was the first real opportunity I had in college to truly be creative.  It was a nice break from all the biology classes I was taking at the time (you can only hear so much about how incredible genes are before you're wishing you had majored in another subject) .  It was also a good opportunity to eye the incredible outfits that a lot of the art majors sported.  I made sure to never go to my photo class wearing sweats; I was always looking to impress the cool art kids.  :) 

Today's outfit:
I temporarily stole this sweater from my shop.  It's so comfortable.  The outfit doesn't really do the sweater justice, but it was another rough day for my immune system and my body didn't want to expend the extra energy required to come up with a really original outfit.

Tonight Colin and I are making (still making, in fact!  I'm waiting for the soup to finish simmering) spicy asian chicken noodle soup.  It smells divine!  With the weather as it is (overcast) and my health as it is (sub-par), I figured soup would be the perfect meal.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Arizona to visit family and to attend an interview for graduate school.  I probably will be posting off and on from now until Sunday.  Wish me luck!

**Update:  Colin and I had a bit of a miscommunication during the dinner preparation and I ended up putting too much lime juice in the soup.  It was so sour!  30 minutes invested in a soup that made my face crinkle as I ate it... so terribly sad.

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved your photographs!

    Also, that first picture should def go on look book! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You make me envious I can't wait for sweaters and jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girl. I think I've retired from Lookbook, though. It's too much of an ego crusher.

    Can you wear sweaters in HHI? Does it ever get cold there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup it sure does. Gets down to the 30s, but wont get too cold for another month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails