Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Them

I've run into a few boy/girl duo bands that I've taken a liking to and figured I would share with you a few of my favorites.

1.  Tennis




Tennis - South Carolina from woodsman man on Vimeo.



Tennis - Cape Dory (Underwater Peoples Records) from RichsLaw on Vimeo.

Their music has been sold out for a while, so I haven't been able to get my hands on their album yet.  :(  I love the throwback sound they produce; it makes me want to vacation to a deserted island.

**Check out "Marathon" as well.  It's my favorite.  (I couldn't find a video online to embed here)

2.  Pomplamoose





These two are friends of Colin's best friend's roommate from two years ago (got that?).  It was actually Colin's best friend who first introduced me to them.

**Also check out "The Little Things" by Pomplamoose.  The youtube video I wanted to embed in this post was too big to properly fit within the blog layout, but the song is really great.

3.  She + Him





**"Sweet Darlin'" is my absolute favorite, but there weren't any especially aesthetically pleasing videos available on youtube to accompany the audio, and I didn't want to ruin your listening experience by embedding a cheesy video that consisted of fade-in/fade-out stills of Zooey Deschanel (though I do think she's adorable).

4.  Buke and Gass




Buke and Gass I discovered just tonight on Radiolab while cooking dinner.  Their sound is very different from the stuff I usually like, but I think the noise they produce is very visceral.

8 comments:

  1. I love pomplamoose !! I have been watching them on you tube for about a year now. . . Very good choice in music !

    Though I do like She + him, I saw them in concert this summer and were a little disappointing live. I will have to share my Flip video with you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That's too bad. I have become increasingly fond of She + Him, but I do tend to get very frustrated when bands aren't able to recreate what they've produced in the recording studio. Yes, please share your video with me! I really want a Flip, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, Paul was also MY rommate please Patrick doesn't get to hog those delicious pectorals all to himself

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. guess what i'm eating right now?

    layers of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I've seen that Pomplamoose video. Did you show it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmh I like Tennis. What album is good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last comment I promise. I listened to Buke and Gass's album. Can't wait for them to release to itunes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tennis only has one EP (Baltimore) and I didn't realize it was available on iTunes (I had been looking to buy it through the record label where it was sold out).
    I've showed you Pomplamoose before I think. I'm glad you like Buke and Gass. I literally just started listening to them yesterday. Some of their songs are a little too hard for me, but appreciate all the songs nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails