Thursday, September 2, 2010

Squiggles by Crayola






Dress:  Thrift store in San Diego
Shoes:  Secondhand store in Los Angeles
Necklace:  Stolen from my mother's jewelry box
Belt:  Antique store in Phoenix
Leather satchel:  Secondhand store in Phoenix

The pattern on this dress reminds me of the design on the Crayola crayons box.  This is another item I bought for myself as a treat for starting my new job (!)  The hem needs to be fixed, which I only just noticed after uploading today's photos.  

...I guess I was in the mood to dress Western today, as all of the accessories I chose seem very cowgirl-esque.

Tonight is USC's first football game of the season (I'm an 'SC alumna).  I'm not really into sports, but I find that once Colin turns the game on, I almost always have to watch it.  I'm hoping Colin will make some delicious drinks in honor of the Trojans' inevitable victory; I found this delicious looking recipe for watermelon margaritas that I can't wait to try!

I've recently rediscovered my love for Ms. Charlene Kaye's music.  She is a very good friend of Colin's from high school, and she is very talented.  You can listen to some clips of her songs on her myspace page here.  My favorite song of hers is All the Life Around.

Tomorrow I go back to work :(  I have next Wednesday and Thursday off so expect outfit posts then.  Until then, though, I'll try to keep my posts as interesting as possible despite the lack of wardrobe photographs!


2 comments:

  1. ooo! i like this dress! i love the colors of it.. and even though i was so tired after being in classes from 9-4pm... i still watched the game.. it was late here.. it started at 11pm. I even sported a USC shirt yesterday for game day and got a lot of boo's (surprisingly there are lots of UCLA kids at pharm school here!) we'll have to schedule a gchat date and stick to it haha! maybe this weekend? i have lots of updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me! Let me know when...
    And I hope you responded to the boos by throwing up your V :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails