Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Domesticity disagreements and Cheerwine


Grocery shopping.  One of my least favorite things to do.  As much as I enjoy cooking food and sitting down to eat a delicious meal, I can't stand picking stuff up from the super market.  Every time I go I end up feeling inundated by all the items for sale, despite my efforts to prepare a list beforehand to lessen the uncertainty that is The Grocery Store.  The grocers must sense how overwhelmed I am because they seem to always ask if I need help finding something.  Today I responded, "I'm just looking for squishy bread" and went back to squeezing all the loaves.  He gave me a very quizzical look, and only then did I realize how odd my behavior might appear.  I blame Grocery Store.

I packed my cart full of items so hopefully I won't have to revisit it anytime soon...

Today's outfit, starting with my favorite part: the shoes!

I bought these at the flea market on Sunday, and I. Love. Them.




Capris:  Vintage clothing store in Phoenix
T shirt:  FIDM Scholarship Store
Suspenders:  Inherited from grandfather
Head scarf:  Thrift store in... Hilton Head?
Shoes:  Flea market in Pasadena

With the items I got at the super market, I'll be making apricot-glazed chicken, green beans with roasted pecans, and corn on the cob.  For dessert we're having vanilla-roasted peaches with raspberries and vanilla custard (another Martha Stewart recipe).  Hopefully it turns out as good as it sounds!

4 comments:

  1. i went grocery shopping for the first time in like 2 weeks this weekend because there has been a lot of free food on campus these first weeks of school.. and i love grocery shopping! i spent 3 hrs at an asian supermarket here and bought so many things for only $70.. then went to an american supermarket and bought things like bagels and jello and a few other things and spent $60. moral of the story: asians rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree.

    [insert finger peace sign]

    Did you happen to buy any asian pancakes? I've got a major hankering for them right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I actually laughed out loud to myself in class (20 minutes before class started mind you) about the squishy bread. I bet I looked retarded.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails