Friday, December 10, 2010

Potato Peel Pie & spit bubbles



Lazy, lazy Friday! Colin had work off today so we spent the time to ourselves reading on the couch (while I occasionally dozed off on Colin's lap), forgetting altogether the gloomy weather right outside our door.  Oh how I love getting caught up in a good book!  I've just started reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and it is so delightful.  I've only made it to page 41 and I already feel so attached to the characters.  I can't wait to read about their lives tonight before I doze off...

Mabie seemed especially anxious today (she bolted out the door once I'd opened it and ran off to the neighbors' place to be greeted by oohs and aahs and petting hands) so we took both her and Z to the dog park.  We hoped she'd come back from the park and pass out on the floor of our apartment, but instead of chasing the pack she waddled from person to person waiting to be pet.  Zeena was an embarrassment at the park, as usual.  Once I let her off the leash, strings of drool start forming at the corners of her mouth and spit bubbles inflate, burst, and reinflate until we're back in the car on our way home again.  She loves scanning the perimeter of the park, marking every blade of grass she finds to her liking and all too often claiming territory with the more unconventional kind of excrement (bluh!).  

 "Excited" spit bubble

"Anxious" spit bubble

Paw cleaning time

It turns out requesting to be pet from people is exhausting... mission accomplished!



6 comments:

  1. They are so adorable. Cant lie, I really enjoy reading Mabel and Zeena's adventures of cuteness and sometimes, in zeenas case, grossness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like all the pet posts. I was afraid I might be overdoing it. I was thinking of having a Mabel Sunday where I dedicate the evening to Mabel and her funny little adventures. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAH i laughed so hard at zeena's nervous spit bubble.. oh how i miss little zeeny

    ReplyDelete
  4. most definitely... Mabel Sunday haha that would be adorable. You can take pictures of Mabel next to some clothes or shoes if you want.... and definitely a video

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahahahaha omg amy showed me this and zeena looks liked a crazed bitch about to crap her pants. seeing mabel's spit bubble first and then zeena's amplified the hilarity 100x.

    p.s. glad you're still literate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you find it as funny as I do (!)

    I took a video of Mabes last night stuck under some furniture in the kitchen. She was foraging for food and got wedged underneath this table that we set our microwave on. It was HILARIOUS! Will be posting it on the blog after some time so that it doesn't seem totally dominated by pet stories...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails