Thursday, December 16, 2010

gloom and GRRRunge


Another gloomy day here in San Diego.  I'm quite fond of overcast days in the winter, though.  It's a substitute for the snowy days we should be experiencing around the holiday time.  It's hard to believe that Christmas is coming when the sun is shining so brightly day after day.

Speaking of Christmastime [one word because it's so epic]...  

As loyal readers I think you should know that there's an alter ego of mine I've been trying to hide for some time now.  Known to some as Christmas Tard (I apologize if that offends anyone, but I couldn't help the nickname that was bestowed upon me), she emerges from within the day after Thanksgiving and wreaks Christmas havoc on herself and those around her.  She feels compelled to play Christmas music at all hours of the day (though she realizes that the few songs they continually play on the radio are often times horrendous; ie, Bruce Springsteen's rendition of "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"), her eyes seem to twinkle as she thinks of all the gifts she'll give (and ashamedly, the ones she'll receive), and becomes uncontrollably giddy at even the thought of Christmas itself (a smile so big begins to form that she must forcibly purse her lips to prevent its viral-like spread across her face).  

When she finds herself on Christmas day, opening up her last gift she realizes that this overwhelming joy she's been feeling for the past month will leave her as quickly as it took her to shred through the wrapping of that gift.  Another year over and a new year to wait in anticipation as Christmastime awakens the Christmas Tard once again.






Sweater: Thrifted
Jeans: Thrifted
Satchel: Coach (thrifted)
Boots: Dr. Martens
Scarf: Thrifted

As requested by Miss Krista, an outfit post!  I really have no way to gauge whether or not you enjoy looking at photographs of my outfits, so please comment if you do!  I've always felt a little narcissistic when posting a bunch of photographs of my outfits, but am more than happy to divulge what I'm wearing if you all enjoy it.

I was feeling grungy today, in more ways than one (I haven't washed my hair in a couple days; all girls do that, right?), so I outfitted myself around the Docs.  I regrettably haven't worn these particular Docs since they were gifted to me a couple Christmases ago as I thought they made me look clownish (self perception is such a deceitful thing), but I think they look pretty good with the outfit, and I hardly feel clownish at all!  More like a Cobain groupy...

Tonight Colin and I will be attending a mixology class as part of his early Christmas present.  We'll be attempting to take the city bus to the bar so that we can drink our (fingers crossed) delicious concoctions, which I hope will go more smoothly than our last attempt at public transportation.  Alcohol consumption won't be involved pre-city bus adventure so I don't think we'll have any problems...  







2 comments:

  1. wow is that the uh 2nd time you've worn your docs? hahah kidding! i haven't worn mine here yet but you bet i will because it started snowing here today!!

    also with all this studying.. the glee cast (holiday) pandora station is my go-to... i decided that i like acapella happy christmas music

    and no, i do not watch glee but do enjoy their beautiful voices

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Glee Christmas station suits you. I'm more of a "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt Pandora station sort of girl.

    Good luck studying! I'm off shopping :) (for others, mind you, but shopping nonetheless!) I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails