Monday, August 23, 2010

Un Hommage







Colin went out to dinner with some work friends so I took advantage of the time alone and watched Coco Before Chanel.  And it was a wonderful film!  Coco's life was such a roller coaster of events.  What with her dad abandoning her at an orphanage as a child, living in financial disarray for much of her young adulthood, and the death of her lover... it's a wonder how she was able to keep up the drive to become famous (or perhaps it was this emotional turmoil that fueled her desire to find stability and acceptance in her life).  Whatever the reason, I'm glad her designs are still with us today.  She has an amazing sense of fashion.

And did I mention that Audrey Tautou plays Mademoiselle Chanel?  I'm completely smitten with her!  (Amelie is one of my favorite films)  

If you love fashion and tragic love stories, you should definitely see the film.


2 comments:

  1. I too liked the movie...maybe we should check out the library and see if there are books written about her...interesting life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails