Thursday, August 12, 2010

The elegance of oddities
















all photos can be found at http://missi.drtenge.com/yes/

I happened upon this odd collection of photographs online (here) and posted a few of my favorites.  The whole collection itself either celebrates the oddities of human nature or exhibits the collector's complete disgust for them (or perhaps both), but I haven't yet decided which it is.  There seem to be some really endearing images (i.e., most of the images I've included above) mixed with a few horrific images (i.e., an image of a young actress who is accosted in her apartment by a man who then engraves seven K's onto her body with razor blades) that kind of confuse me as to which angle he seems to be taking with the photographs he has chosen to post together online.  Perhaps you can interpret his view; comment with your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. uh, my mind is confused. Dad would be very interested to see these. I liked the woman with the shotgun. Th lion was so sad... it had a spike collar! Poor lil guy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails