Sunday, August 8, 2010

*I like the smell of musty books in the morning













(Most) photos by Colin
Sweater:  Inherited from grandfather
Blouse:  J. Crew
Floral skirt:  Thrift store in Savannah
Brown leather boots:  Thrift store in L.A.
Socks:  Goodwill in L.A.
Leather satchel:  Thrift store in Phoenix

Photographs galore as a further apology for my absence this past week.  This ensemble really reminds me of an outfit a librarian would wear (hence the book).  I love its simple elegance and romantic aura.  (Hopefully you do, too!)

Colin's cello playing friend Mia visited us Friday and left Saturday afternoon.  She has an incredibly refreshing personality--she's entirely honest about herself and her experiences, and is one of the most self-aware people I have had the pleasure to know.  I'm including a photograph of us right before we set out on a crushingly disappointing (yet exhilarating) journey to the outskirts of Mexico.



Photos by Colin
Romper:  American Apparel
Black leotard:  American Apparel
Sneakers:  keds.com
Leather satchel:  Thrift store in Phoenix 

I would also like to introduce you to the newest members of our family: our clouds.  I think we're going to add a few more to the bunch to make them look less scarce.  I had planned for this project to take a couple of weekends to complete with breaks in between for reading in the hot sun while sitting on our comfy couch, but Colin got a little more than excited about them and finished them within two evenings' time.  

Colin is busily preparing dinner for me in this photograph in celebration of my new employment status.  We had homemade tostadas; Colin even fried the tortillas himself!







3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails