Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Saucy senorita





Dress:  Secondhand store in Phoenix
Shoes:  keds.com

I love this dress because I could imagine my mother wearing it at my age (in fact, I think she had something similar to it at one point or another).  I always give her a hard time for not keeping her clothes from her more youthful years around... she had really amazing style.  
Doesn't the pattern on this dress bear a striking resemblance to an abstract canvas painting?  One with an 80s vibe, at least.

I've got an (extremely!) early day of work tomorrow and I'd like to get some reading in before I go to bed so this post will be exceptionally short.  Please enjoy this adorable picture of Z between naps on the couch in the meantime...


5 comments:

  1. Beals is so cute. How could she do anything bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GermanPlanetoid - are you kidding? It's the cute ones that always do something bad, besides you can see the devil in her eyes. Ellana - I love the dress! (on you that is - if I wore the dress, people would think I had saved it from my "younger days") Hope work is going well for you. It's very important that you like your job! :) I just HAD to say that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today. Hope it's not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK First let me say thank you for saying that I had good taste when I was younger. Second let me simply add that inside this fat body is a person oozing with style it's just that now I have to look for something to: A. cover my fat ham hock size arms, B. cover my extreme gut and C. try not to bring attention to myself causing people to look at me and wonder if they are as fat as me. I often wonder how some people just have so much confidence in themselves to wear some of the outfits I see. If only I could have just a tad bit of their self esteem or better yet the energy to get up and exercise every day.Then maybe I would be able to once again sport some good looking duds! As for saving my clothes, it would only depress me that you would be able to fit in them. Now shoes are a whole other story, I wish I had kept those! That is the one body part I don't mean showing off, the knee and below! Oh and did I have some wonderful shoes! Always keep your shoes, I don't care if you have to rent a storage locker to house them, I was I had....
    As for work I really wish that you would keep an open mind about what i have said in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. in the beginning of moms post I heard, blah blah blah. But she did have some cool shoes... I remember trying to wear them when I was still a toddler! How is getting up at 5 working for ya?

    I will be expecting more Beels pictures if you are not going to get formally dressed for the day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails