Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the Blues



Capris:  Thrift store in San Diego
Leotard:  American Apparel
Leather gladiator sandals:  Gift from older sister
Head band:  Tienda in Honduras
Necklace:  Gift from Colin

Tonight's meal was a scrumptious strawberry, goat cheese, and arugula pizza with pistachio crumbles and parmesan shavings.  It was quite good!


I mostly lamented all day today over the fact that I'll have to work for the rest of my life.  And I'm terribly worried that I'll end up with a career that I don't like.  Do most people enjoy the line of work that they go into?  I'm scrambling to find something that I want to do with my life that will make me happy.  I just want to thrift all day and blog all night and take sewing classes in between...


10 comments:

  1. Pants are the hardest thing for me to find in thrift stores. I never find pairs that cute. Love how you paired it with the leo as well. Great look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robyn. They aren't actually supposed to be capris, though. I got really lucky with them; I wasn't even able to try them on before I bought them!
    PS-I'm glad you read my little blog! My heart always skips a beat whenever I see comments from new visitors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pants are so cute, what great curves you have! I also love the head band. . . very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart skips a beat too...but I think it's an arrhythmia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jess. Such a science nerd.

    And Mom. Such a drama queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be a chef. I would love see you on Hell's kitchen.;) The people I know who enjoy their job (including me) - which is different then being happy, but part of the equation 1.Felt called, 2. Feel the are serving (God, humanity, etc), 3. Don't work for money, 4. Do something involving there strengths. My two cents

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the advice, Ben. I'm still trying to figure out what my strengths are at the moment and then I think I'll be closer to figuring out what that calling is. I'll let you know when I feel it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails