Monday, August 30, 2010

Clownin' Around








Blouse:  Secondhand store in San Diego
Capris:  Thrift store in San Diego
Leather satchel:  Thrift store in Phoenix
Sneakers:  keds.com

Tonight I'll be attempting to make a two-bean soup.  Hopefully I'll get some photographs up of the meal tonight once I'm finished with it.  

It turns out I had some pretty lofty plans for today as I wasn't able to get to really anything I had set forth for myself.  Zeena had an upset stomach and decided to relieve its contents on our bed this morning so I spent a good three hours (and nearly $20) at the laundromat.  I guess it was time to go to the laundromat anyways but I definitely didn't want to give up working on assembling The Betties merchandise to anxiously wait for the washers to spit out our clean linens.  Zeena has definitely been a piece of work lately...

I did manage to squeeze in a half hour of shopping though :)  I bought four vintage items at a thrift store today that I can't wait to wear!

**I can't express to you how much I love this shirt!  I happened upon it in a dollar bin at a costume/secondhand store.  It could very well be the top half of a clown's outfit, but I like to think of it more as a 60s/70s parisian blouse.

6 comments:

  1. Cute outfit...sorry to hear about the sheets...that little Zee...what a pill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you are pretty! I love that blouse and your hair and eye make up :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable. I love everything from your bangs down to your sneakers. Great looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. V: I'm blushing! Thank you for the wonderful compliments. And thanks for following my little blog! It's such an honor to have you here.

    And Robyn, I much appreciate your endearing comments. I'm glad you liked the outfit. :) This blouse gives me the chills... I'm in love with it! (I'm so happy you like it, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, Robyn, I've been reading your blog for the past half hour and I found it very hard to pry my eyes off my computer screen! It's quite a charming blog. I'm a big fan of Five Things I Love Fridays...

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS Ms. V: I wish I had your altering abilities! I'd love to take a couple of my dresses in at the waist. I loved your tutorial, though. Makes it seems so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails