Monday, August 9, 2010

Blackboards, books, and schoolgirl crushes





T shirt:  Thrift store in L.A.
Skirt:  Thrift store in L.A.
Sweater:  Inherited from grandfather
Shoes:  keds.com

Another schoolgirl-inspired look.  I wonder how long this fashion phase will last...

I'm addicted to another artist called Bon Iver.  I have been listening to his For Emma, Forever Ago album on repeat for a while now and I still can't seem to get enough of him.  You can listen to the first track in this album here.  Whenever I listen to him I just want to curl up and let his sweet voice lullaby me to sleep.  

Colin's dinner was quite a success despite his worries that the beans were going to be too runny.  I think this dinner in particular has traumatized him as he was left in the kitchen completely on his own with multiple foodstuffs to manage.  There were some cries of pain and winces every now and then, but he finished the meal with little to no injuries.  Hopefully this experience hasn't scared him off too much from cooking and I'll get another delicious meal in the future without so much as lifting a finger.


I'll end today's post with a hilarious picture I found sitting in my inbox when I got back from Disneyland of my parents on the Buzz Lightyear ride.  I think the image speaks for itself...  

(I'll have to post another "normal" picture of them soon so that you can truly appreciate the humor in this)

2 comments:

  1. Runny beans...that's the worst.

    And that picture of our, *cough* parents, it scares me. Mom looks dazed, but at least she is focused on the task at hand...kinda. Dad's gun, on the other hand, is in the opposite direction of his gaze...I hope that thing wasn't loaded, he probably shot multiple innocent children. But according to his score, children must be worth a lot of points.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails