Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Simply

Cardigan: Inherited from grandfather
T shirt: Borrowed from sister
Jeans: Hand-me-downs from sister
Socks: J. Crew (gift from Colin's mom)
Sneakers: Borrowed from sister
Leather belt: Borrowed from sister

My brother-in-law cooked a delicious dinner for us on the grill this evening as my sister and I watched while sipping on cold rum drinks.  We had the backdoor open and the fresh breeze swept through the kitchen while the pups played in the backyard.  There's something about a warm summer's day after a series of cold spells that makes everything all the more magical.

Afterwards, we went to play a dominoes-ish game at the neighbors' house, with whom  I am completely smitten!!  They consist of an older husband and wife, and the wife can usually be found either cooking on her outdoor stove or tending to her vegetable garden while the husband is out working in his shed.  We played dominoes in their living room for a couple of hours using homemade wooden game piece holders while jovial country music played in the background.  I can only hope that I'll be as happy and upbeat when I'm their age.

I should mention that I plan to integrate myself into their family so that I can reap the benefits that come with having grandparents as wonderful as they (ie, perfectly buttered and salted popcorn at my disposal).

Jess had to be included in the blog today; her outfit went much too well with the decor of her house that I couldn't possibly not take a photograph of her in it and not post it for all to appreciate.

Capris: Borrowed from me
Shoes: keds.com
Gingham blouse: thrifted
Undershirt: J. Crew

Her new house is adorable, by the way.  Here's a little preview of what it looks like... (More photos to follow soon, hopefully!) 




3 comments:

  1. ohh!! So precious! Jessica's outfit wreaks of "posh backyard chicken farmer"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wreaks" sounds bad. Maybe exudes?

    And I second that description!

    PS-Kevin's started building the chicken coop. It's lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally!! Good job Kevin. I cant wait to watch Mabel try to "herd" the chickens when she comes to visit next time.

    And exudes is a good word.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails