Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pinch Me


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

If I were a kid, I'd be looking forward to tonight's green dyed dinner, a tradition my sisters and I had long perpetuated every St. Patrick's Day.  We always made sure to have milk with our meal as the green coloring looked especially vibrant in it.  

It's funny how magical we thought colors were.  We'd look forward to installing different colored bulbs in our bedroom when the old colored ones would burn out; everything always looked so different in technicolor.

Riding pants: American Apparel
Blouse: Thrifted (Banana Republic)
Cardigan: Stolen from Colin's closet (J. Crew)
Sneakers: keds.com
Purse: Thrifted
Scarf: Thrifted




Pearl was especially needy during today's photo sesh and managed to get in all of the photographs in some way or another.  Colin and I have been grilling her on the "sit" command as part of the girls' obedience training so she's started sitting at my feet whenever I stand in one place for too long.  It's some progress at least!  We're still working on the "lie down," but neither of them have been making any headway; I'm afraid we won't have any success with that before our next class on Sunday.  So far we've only managed to train a third of the commands we've been asked to work on...  

Colin and I will be celebrating our Sixth year together tomorrow by skydiving.  I'm a little nervous to say the least, but have always wanted to try it.  I just hope I don't pee myself with the instructor attached to me; that would be horrifying!  

Tonight we're going out for tapas, one of my favorite meals to eat (besides sushi, of course)!  I plan to thrift today for a new outfit to wear; hopefully I'll have some success!!








8 comments:

  1. You are looking very curvy (of course in the best of ways!) in that adorable outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what What WHAT??!! Skydiving?? Can I have Mabel if you get a bum 'shute? I'll find a good home for Beals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love this look! super chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! love your style,definetly you've got a new blog's fan,hope you can follow me back:)
    best regards,
    Raquel
    www.glamaphone.blogspt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Jess, but I survived. No Mabes for you. And poor Beels! I can't believe you wouldn't want her. After all you two have been through...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks for the compliments, Celeste and Raquel :) Welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pearlie! I missed her when we went to mom and dads, so me and James had to resort to playing with chickens and tardo tivvy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, this outfit is amazing. A perfect period look without being stuffy or frumpy. Seriously wow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails