Saturday, March 26, 2011

Neither here nor there

Footage by Pacific Coast Skydiving

Here it is, as promised, the footage I'm sure to be blackmailed with at some point in the future by at least one of my family members.  The music--except for Over the Rainbow--was chosen by Colin, and is an especially ridiculous compilation of songs.  It pretty much sums up the whole experience itself, which was riddled with intense pangs of varied emotions that ultimately left me confused and inexplicably lethargic (I immediately passed out in the car on the way home after the whole ordeal).  

To maximize your entertainment experience, keep an eye out for a couple of things:

1. My diving buddy gave me a laundry list of instructions right before the big jump that I immediately forgot after our sudden evacuation; watch me frantically grab for him as we leave the plane.  I was specifically instructed not to do this.

2. Colin's landing.  It's hilarious.  He was scared that he'd mess up his ankle (he injured it about a year ago and it has yet to fully recover) so he stuck his legs out in front of him as he landed; he ended up in a bush just off the landing path and got prickles all over his hands because of it.  



**Thanks for being so patient this week while I was sick!  I've vowed to religiously take my allergy medication when I know I'll need it most, so hopefully that won't happen again anytime soon.

7 comments:

  1. I sure sign I could never do that:

    I was shaking with nerves simply watching the video whilst lounging supine 3 feet above sea level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!! made me want to do it again : ) I think I was smiling the whole time during the movie. . . and your instructor wasn't too shabby either. Should have given him my number!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. He was definitely a babe!

    And you could always call the skydiving place and ask for Gyle, though that could be interpreted as stalker-ish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lordy. Now James is asking if we can go... I dont think so. I'll leave that crazy near death experience to you. At least your buddy seemed like he was cool, was colin's buddy an old guy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, middle-aged and balding. But friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my god that looks like so much fun. A friend of mine went last month and threw up on the way down. She was a mess, and so was the instructor, who had a beard full of it. poor guy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's hilarious! I was worried I'd do the same (I get extremely nauseous just driving in the car). I hope she got a video of it; I'd pay to see that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails