Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Wants

1.  Cable

We just canceled our cable subscription so that we could spend our free time more productively, and to be honest, I'm having some serious withdrawal issues.  It feels like camping, but without the wilderness; all I do is play solitaire and read.  I just want to stare mindlessly at a television set for a while.

2.  A knit sweater

Preferably an oversized one, unless it's as cute as that one on the top left.

3.  A weekly (as opposed to monthly) subscription to Wired Magazine


Without Wired, I'd never know that stem cells are being used to make fake boobs, that a Google Earth-ish program exists that allows you to search through the brain structures in a mouse, or that quinine was added to heroin in the 1930s to curb a malaria outbreak at the time [it can still be found in cheap junk and is very toxic when injected so splurge the next time you decide to shoot up].

I. Must. Know. More.

4.  A never ending supply of daffodils


Colin's been on a daffodil kick the last couple of times he's come home with flowers for me, and I still want more.  It's miniature daffodils this week-- they are so incredibly adorable--but a few of the flowers have already shriveled up.  What's wrong with me?  Why can't I keep plants alive?  

[Admittedly, I've even killed a cactus]

5.  Purple lipstick

This was probably a recent trend that I missed out on, but it's hip to be behind the times, right?  Isn't that what the vintage craze is all about?  



We're halfway through another week.  Where does the time go?



1 comment:

  1. hey, I love my dark purple lipstick! It may not be the new tred, but hey, we never follow trends!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails