Monday, January 31, 2011

It's my party and I'll buy if I want to


Happy birthday to me!  As we speak, Colin is methodically icing my confetti cake--the only flavor cake I like--upon which we'll place 24 candles (23 plus 1 for good luck).  I've got two silver crowns ready at hand to wear as we sing happy birthday and celebrate another year older. 

Today's birthday outfit:




Best pants ever: American Apparel
Shirt: Thrifted
Button-up: Thrifted
Shoes: Bloomingdales (on sale for $36; get 'em while they're hot!)

Of course I've chosen my most coveted pants to wear on My Special Day.

Notice the wonderfully kitschy framed wolf embroidery photographed with my shoes.  I found this amazing work of art while thrifting and obviously had to buy it.  Along with the two ceramic duck head hooks below.  Soon our apartment will be bursting with odd trinkets that I'll have convinced myself I can't live without.  (These purchases, of course, were birthday gifts to me from me; happy birthday, Self!)





2 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday girl !! I miss you tons and hope you had a large celebration today : ) you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails