Monday, October 4, 2010

Prost!


Yesterday Colin and I set out to experience Oktoberfest with a couple of German interns from Colin's work.  La Mesa apparently has the largest Oktoberfest west of the Mississippi, though you wouldn't have known this by the looks of it.  The "celebration" ended up consisting of hundreds of tents dedicated to selling the latest fads, artificial grass being one of them.  We encountered one beer garden that was completely empty and not a single German flag in sight.  We eventually heard from someone that there was a more "authentic" Oktoberfest about ten minutes away.

And boy was it authentic.

I have never seen so many lederhosen in my life!  


And it wasn't just the little boys that were sporting them.  The middle-aged and older took part by baring it all in the name of tradition.  It was a sight to see.  Unfortunately I left my camera at home so you'll have to imagine what I'd seen (think Bruno).

On Friday night we went to a bar with our neighbors where we danced (and drank!) the night away.

And now for today's outfit:






Sweater:  Secondhand store in New Mexico
Jeans:  Thrift store in San Diego
Shoes:  Thrift store in San Diego
Pine cone necklace:  Rose Bowl Flea Market
Dooney&Burke purse:  Antique store in Phoenix

It was another rainy day here in San Diego so I was (finally) able to bust out one of my most beloved sweaters.  It's sooo comfortable.  Wearing sweaters makes me want to sit on the couch with a cup of chamomile and a good novel and just melt into the sofa.

I'll be posting two more items up on The Betties today, and I'll also be discounting some of the older merchandise by 20%.  So check back at the store to see if some of your favorites have been reduced in price!

80s grey, pink, purple GEOMETRIC PRINT sweater top

high waisted RED AND WHITE GRID-PATTERNED pants

I'll be in Las Vegas for an interview for graduate school tomorrow evening until Friday so I will probably be posting intermittently until then. The hotel claims to have free wi-fi so I'll try to give updates as often as possible!  And I promise to bring my camera along this time...  :)






1 comment:

  1. mmm Oktoberfest. If only my birthday was one month earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails