Tuesday, October 12, 2010

[][][][] So square.











This post was inspired by the first photograph in this series, which is a photo of my aunt when she was young.  I spent much of today scanning old photographs of (mainly) my aunt and her adorable outfits.  What is it about the 60s/70s that is so alluring?  Women seemed to have a newfound independence and strength during this time (likely due to the women's movement of the 60s/70s) that wasn't really there in earlier decades.  Whenever I see the characteristic yellow-tinged, sun-drenched photographs of this time I can't help but feel nostalgic.  A bit odd, seeing that I wasn't born until the late 80s.  But things seemed simpler, happier.  When I imagine this era, I see fairies and unicorns (perhaps due to hippies and their drug-induced illusions, but fairies and unicorns nonetheless).  It seemed like a time when the weird was embraced and confidence flourished.  

Any readers been around long enough to remember what it was like then?  Please share, if so!



Please do not reproduce the uppermost image without permission first!  Thanks :)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails