Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Works of Art

I've just spent the last half hour watching makeup tutorials by Michelle Phan.  Her videos are so mesmerizing...!  She utilizes makeup like a form of art (I guess that's why she's a makeup artist...).

Her Lady Gaga makeup tutorial is my favorite.


You've just spent the last twenty minutes watching her other videos, haven't you?  

In other exciting news, I finally created a drawing that the art professor found worth sharing with the class!  (We average about two piece-sharings each session)    


I used a photograph of Elin's of the blog Elinkan, who happens to be an adorable Swedish girl (I'm pretty sure that's where she's from), to practice portraiture.  She has the most wonderful photographs on her web page.  My drawing still needs some refining (and some completing), but I've come along way since first beginning the class.


PS-I hope you aren't crushed that I've skipped Wednesday Wants this week.  It turns out you have to update your blog more than once a week to make the special day of the week posts work.  The blog was turning into a whole lot of greedy Wants.

5 comments:

  1. I have actually seen that first video a few months ago. Cute asian girl.

    How are the salt and pepper shakers working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive. But I'm a little confused as to why you didn't choose my angelic face to practice portraiture. Next time I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO coool ! Make me a drawing. . . of you ! I will hang it up in my room : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its going to be really cool to see your pictures transformations! You should post some more pictures you make, like before, middle and finish! And seeing your pictures from the beginnings of the class till you finish, seeing the stages is going to be really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails