Friday, February 18, 2011

Tootsie roll

Cardigan: Inherited from grandfather
Checkered Button-up: Stolen from Colin's closet
Jeans: Hand-me-down from Jess
Shoes: Secondhand 
Bow: Craft store (I've worn this ribbon in my hair so often, but I don't think I've ever mentioned where it came from!)

I had a real, cheese-filled Valentine's Day this year!  

Colin surprised me by taking a half day of work on Monday, and the first thing he said when he came through the door was "Pick a number 1 through 5."  So I picked 4 (obviously), which was an awkward picture of a couple jet skiing.  But we decided it was a little too cold for jet skiing so I picked another...  

...which was unfortunately Segway-ing and there was No Way I would be caught doing that.  

So he flipped over the pictures of all the options and I decided to go tandem biking, even though our last attempt at tandem biking ended pretty badly (it turns out you have to communicate well with your bike partner for it to work, something we aren't particularly good at, especially when we aren't looking each other head-on).  

I had the brilliant idea of putting Mabes in the bike basket, an idea I had gotten a few days ago when I'd seen a frenchie of her stature doing the same thing with her owner.  So I stuffed all of Mabel into the basket and off we went.  

And I think you can guess what happened next...

Mabes decided to evacuate from the basket while we were peddling full speed on the pavement.  Luckily she flung her body to the side of the bike and rolled (several times) to safety.  She popped up from her tumble looking like a tootsie roll, painted black from the dirty street.   

Luckily she wasn't hurt. You'd think a dog who's afraid to jump off of the couch wouldn't even dream of jumping from a moving bike.  But then again I should never underestimate her stupidity.  (She's a little thick sometimes)

Mabie before the "Incident":


And Mabie after:


Just kidding.  

I happened upon this dog while pretend shopping for another Boston.  If you're into sad, geriatric looking dogs you should adopt this little guy.  Help put a smile on his face, will  ya? Adopt here.

Colin's Gin Journal turned out pretty well.  I made a cucumber gimlet that evening, one of the many recipes I included in his book, and it was DELICIOUS!!!  I made... uh, a few?... of them that evening, and then sloppily went to bed.  I think I've found my new favorite drink.  I encourage you to (responsibly, of course) try it out for yourself.  Here's the recipe:

2 oz fresh cucumber meat (muddled)
1 oz fresh lime juice
2 oz gin (Hendrick's is my favorite)
1 oz simple syrup (we make our own using 1C sugar and 0.5C water; stir over heat until the sugar dissolves)
Shake everything together, and WALLAH!  Heaven in a glass.

A little photo for you of his valentine and his journal:



I'm working on getting some more clothes put up in the shop so hopefully you'll see some fresh items up by the end of today (if not today, by tomorrow)!!  And, as always, I will upload merchandise photos on the blog before posting them on the shop!


Hurray for Fridays!






3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha I couldnt stop laughing about the Mabel part, I even cried a little... I just pictured the entire thing, with Mabel's clueless look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails