Monday, February 14, 2011

red (paper) HEART





Dress:  Secondhand clothing store
Shoes:  Thrifted
Socks:  Thrifted

This dress is one of the most treasured items I own.  Unfortunately, it's in very fragile condition and I find that I'm having to mend it constantly.  But dresses as adorable as this are meant to be worn, regardless of the fact that I'm probably decreasing its life span considerably with each use.  

(The back of the dress is my favorite part...!)

Colin will be cooking dinner tonight in celebration of Valentine's Day.  I'm very excited to be celebrating this year; Colin is a staunch anti-Valentine's-ist, as he finds that it's an entirely commercial holiday--it may be, but I've still been conditioned to crave it.  I plan to dress to the nines in a gown that I've never had occasion to wear, and Colin will be dressing up in a suit.  I'll try to get photographs, but Colin doesn't think to take my photograph ever and it usually kills the moment when I request that he snap my picture (especially when it takes a few minutes to get a good one out of me).  But I will try my hardest for you, lovely reader.  

Colin will be getting a homemade, old school-style Valentine and a Gin Journal from me tonight.  [The journal will have a section in it where he can rate the different brands of gin he's tasted, a section full of recipes that I painstakingly copied from books at the library, and a section where he can write down drink he finds he likes while out on the town]  Pictures of the finished products to come later on.

**Many thanks to my dear friend, Paige, for helping me come up with Colin's gift idea.  Your creativity is endless.

2 comments:

  1. which dress is it? And why isnt Mabel in any pictures dressed in holiday attire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the 60s dress with the big flowers on it and the bow in the back.

    i know, i know, Mabes needs a cameo soon! i'm on top of it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails