Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pattern Mixing






Shirt:  Just bought at a thrift store in Hilton Head!
Skirt:  Ditto!
Purse:  Ditto!
Belt:  The FIDM Scholarship Store (borrowed from Krista)
Shoes:  Target

Today was Beaufort, and practically all the stores we had planned to go to were closed!  Guess I should have checked to see if they were open beforehand (who would've thought they'd be closed on a Tuesday afternoon??).  We did, however, run into some good thrift stores in the area anyway.  Tomorrow we are going to Charleston, which Krista assures me will be one of my new favorite places to visit.

I decided to try mixing up patterns today with my outfit and I think it turned out pretty well.  The black seems to tie all of the pieces in, and the various patterns definitely make the outfit more interesting.  

By-the-way, that dinner Krista and I made (the pulled chicken sandwiches and potato salad) was delicious!  The potato salad could have used a little less raw onion (my stomach has acquired a strong dislike for many things, including once-beloved onions), but besides that everything tasted perfect.  Here's the final product:







7 comments:

  1. Love this outfit the best. Can I have the potato salad recipe?
    Grandma Dee
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes, the pool shots are really great. Surprised no Ace, Patrick or Bgirl in shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good one. If only I could buy it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted some dog shots but Krista thought it would be too torturous. Maybe next time I can convince her to let them be the subjects :)

    Here's a link to the recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=263956

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog just made me type "miclatch" but i'm pretty sure i don't have one of those

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, yellow! You know this.

    ...Is that even a real word?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails