Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Atomic Betty

On Her:
Dress: Vintage
Undershirt: J. Crew
Socks: Topshop
Loafers: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted

On Him:
Shirt: J. Crew
Jeans: J. Crew
Shoes: converse.com

I wore this on Friday and had to post a photograph of it only because it elicited the weirdest pseudo-compliment I've ever received on one of my outfits.  I must tell you the whole story...

While feverishly washing heaps of laundry at the laundromat, I was approached by a silver-haired, very homely looking, leather-skinned man, whom I might have mistaken for a hobo (the jury's still out on whether or not this assumption was accurate).  

Encounter  #1: While loading my unmentionables into the dryer,  he wooshes by me after extensive upper body washing at the sink and says, "We must be near the beach!" which I respond with a "heh" and a smile.  

Encounter #2:  He approaches me half an hour later while folding said unmentionables and asks if my outfit is a themed costume.  I respond with "No, this is just what I wear," when he replies, "Oh! You must have been at Comic-Con earlier then!"  I tell him that I haven't, and start to wonder if he thinks I'm dressed as Wonder Woman.  He then proceeds to tell me that I look great and that many women wear themed outfits in Las Vegas according to the hotels they're in (not sure if he's referring to the employees or the hotel patrons...)  I immediately default to "heh" and smile, all the while hoping that he leaves before he notices that my underwear is spread out all over the folding table.  He then notifies me of a local designer he thinks I should check out and tells me that my hair looks red in the sunlight.  



It's just another day at the laundromat!



3 comments:

  1. Love that dress! Very cute! Nice socks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I love that story. It sounds like san francisco encounters. On the bus the other day a man stood up pointed at me and screamed "BOOBIE JUICE!" i was mortified (and was wearing a coat i might add) he then proceded to attempt to give me a high five on his way off the bus.

    But anyways I looooovvveee that dress. perfect butter yellow summer frock and you are rocking those knee highs lady

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's HILARIOUS! I'd be mortified as well, although that particular profanity probably wouldn't ever be directed at me. ('A cups' don't get a lot of attention) I can only imagine what sort of people you've run into living in SF... They definitely make for some entertaining material though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails