Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Skip-frogging rocks and poking sea anemones







Yesterday Krista and I went to the tidepools in Point Loma.  We weren't sure whether or not our GPS was a trustworthy navigator, as it led us through the hilltops of a military base of some sort, but eventually we reached the other side of the mountains where we found a small beach surrounded by immense rock formations.  We combed the tidepools for interesting wildlife (I really wanted to see an octopus), but only happened upon thousands of anemones and some crabs.  I spent a lot of the time poking my fingers  in the centers of the anemones and watching them slowly engulf my finger with their sticky tentacles.  We managed to keep dry while jumping from slippery rock to slippery rock, apart from Krista's Converse, which sacrificed themselves for the journey.  (My camera returned from the trip unscathed!)





Krista had said on Monday that she had really wanted to go to this local cafe near the apartment to "read and look sophisticated."  To pull this off, she insisted on finding and purchasing a pair of non-prescription glasses.  We ended up running a lot of errands during the day and were quickly losing sunlight so we abandoned the quest to find the glasses.  On our way out the door, what did I happen to see in the little patch of grass outside our apartment??  A pair of non-prescription glasses!  It was fate.  I love weird little coincidences like that!

Today we'll be heading out to the beach to catch some rays.  It's supposed to reach 92 degrees here!  










1 comment:

  1. What serendipity!

    p.s.- I like the 4th picture from the top. Very visceral.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails